This is not some distant American mega-church pastor in a distant city.
He is one of ours.
In a provincial city.
Gathering 1600 on Sundays, in a massive multi-purpose building with a vision to reach many, many more people.
They baptised 160 new believers last year alone.
"God has a greater passion for our mission than we do" opened up proceedings, and then 10 principles from Acts 1-2.
- Harvest Vision (Acts 1:8b)
- Love for the City (Acts 1:8b)
- Passion for His Presence (Acts 2:42)
- Stable & Changing Leadership (Acts 1:24-26)
- Power for Purpose (Acts 1:8a, 2:4a)
- Preaching for Life Change (Peter's Pentecost preach!)
- Biblical Discipleship (Acts 2:42a)
- Relational Unity (Acts 2:44)
- Financial Generosity (Acts 2:45)
- Large Celebrations / Mid sized communities / small groups (Temple courts, homes etc)
And then he prayed.
As he prayed the mood changed.
Rather than the relaxed, down to earth guy who had been speaking to us, you saw a warrior, and maybe in those few brief moments I learned the most.