Wednesday 27 May 2009

More on Prayer

Last night at cell group we were worshipping using the song which asks "send revival start with me".

The "promises of old" really caught my attention, as in the most part they allude to 2 Chronicles 7 when following the dedication of the temple God appeared to Solomon.

The phrase picked up within the song comes from this part
14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. 15 Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place.
I was encouraged by this passage and what it says about how we relate to God and about He relates to us. It gives an example of how we can live out a relationship with the God who encounters His people like this.

THEIR STATUS
  • They come as His people
  • They come called by His name
THEIR RESPONSIBILITY
  • Humble themselves
  • Pray
  • Seek His face
  • Turn from their wicked ways
HIS PROMISE
  • He will hear from heaven
  • He will forgive their sin
  • He will heal their land
  • His eyes will be open
  • His ears will be attentive to their prayers
The status, responsibilities and promises are in many ways the same for us now.

No comments: