Sunday 10 August 2008

Am I a Methodist?

I have seen several other people comment on this nifty little quiz here

So I put my own ideas into the equation and it suggests that I could be a Methodist.

This is an interesting situation, because I don't feel like one. Or at least I have not found myself having a huge amount in common with those I have met. One or two "free methodists" I have come across seem a bit more similar.

The term "Wesleyan" is a bit more specific to the man in his day and probably a bit closer to where I am.

Or am I actually a Methodist?

This post is sort of tongue in cheek, but it is interesting to see where I came out.

I am certainly no liberal or Catholic, so that sits right. I constantly get accused of being too "modernist" by emergent / postmodern friends, so to find I am still pretty postmodern raises a wry smile. "Reformed evangelical" was always going to be pretty close to the top within a newfrontiers enviornment. I am happy to be fundamentalist if that means holding on to the fundamentals of the faith, but not if it makes me a gun toting right wing american. But hey, with an "emergent / postmodern" score that high maybe I have a call to put the "fun" back into fundamentalism?!!

Neo-orthodox? He sounds like a priest off "The Matrix". It all paints an interesting picture, and am surprised that Charismatic came out so low - but the questions seemed skewed to answer either evangelical or charismatic and not to hold both, which is a bit of a stereotype, but if push comes to shove I will stick with the word although in reality I see them as interdependant not mutually exclusive positions.





What's your theological worldview?
created with QuizFarm.com
You scored as Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan

You are an evangelical in the Wesleyan tradition. You believe that God's grace enables you to choose to believe in him, even though you yourself are totally depraved. The gift of the Holy Spirit gives you assurance of your salvation, and he also enables you to live the life of obedience to which God has called us. You are influenced heavly by John Wesley and the Methodists.


Evangelical Holiness/Wesleyan



89%

Fundamentalist



71%

Reformed Evangelical



71%

Charismatic/Pentecostal



68%

Emergent/Postmodern



68%

Neo orthodox



61%

Classical Liberal



29%

Roman Catholic



21%

Modern Liberal



18%


1 comment:

Jongudmund said...

Neo-othordox is a theological position characterised by the mainly German theologians who followed Barth in restating Christian orthodoxy in a post-Enlightenment way. Sadly nothing like the matrix. But good people all the same, if a little wordy and theologically opaque.