Wednesday 13 August 2008

Godfrey Birtill - "Just one touch from the King"

This may not be your style of music, but for me it expresses the human's heart response to God in a really really clear and uplifting way.

It is always good to know what motivates the worship leader - that is why "When the music fades" by Matt Redman and "My Jesus, my lifeline" by Tim Hughes have been particularly special songs for me, as I have heard the writers explain the signifiance and the journey they went on to write the song.

So when I heard this song at a recent Trumpet Call conference at the NEC I decided to find out more about both the song and the worship leader, Godfrey Birtill.

Here he explains how the song was birthed:



Which fills me with a lot of confidence.

And here he is playing it. I think it is an absolute juggernaut of a song. Bold, brash, and absolutely right for this time in this nation.



For all the effort, for all the discussion, for all the theology, for all the serving, for all the evangelism - what we need is a touch from the King, and what they need is a touch from the King.

Here are the lyrics.

There's a battle raging, over this land
A deep damage in the people
Yet pride prevents us
Stretching out our withered hand
Yet God has stretched out to heal us

This I know, this I know,
This I know, this I know that

Just one touch from the King, Changes everything Just one touch from the King, Changes everything

There's a great darkness, over this land
A deep darkness on the people
But a light shining
That the dark can't understand
Light of the world King Jesus

Do you know? Do you know?
Do you know? Do you know?

O land, O land, O land,
Hear the Word of the Lord

Godfrey & Gill Birtill, © Thankyou Music 2006

No comments: